Sunday 3 December 2017

2017 Christmas Theme

Hello Peeps,

The Christmas theme for this year is...


The Nutcracker!


Isn't he a handsome fellow? 


Do you know how the Nutcracker came to be? 
Miss H found the original version (translated into English) of E. T. A. Hoffman's "The Nutcracker" which also contains the story of the "Hard Nut" that tells how the Nutcracker came to be. 


Here is a hint. 
Miss H is planning to have the Christmas themed dinner on Christmas Eve and will tell the story. But first she needs to rewrite it to make it shorter as it is quite looooog. 


Oh, and here is a sneaky peeky of the Mother's Nutcracker themed wallhanging. Miss H made one too. They just need binding put on. 
I think Snowy is in trouble - look at him snuggling up with the wallhanging! I hope he isn't get it dirty!!! 
Love From,
Baa. xxx

4 comments:

  1. The Nutcracker will be a wonderful theme! I remember you did "pink" last christmas for your theme .... only seems like yesterday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a good idea to have a theme and I think the Nutcracker will be fabulous! Enjoy getting it all ready. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the Nutcracker story. It will be a great theme this year. Have you seen the ballet?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the nutcracker story but am I the only one who thinks the nutcrackers themselves are scary? Some people don't like clowns - I'm the oddball that doesn't like nutcrackers. I know....there's something wrong with me....

    ReplyDelete