Wednesday 25 March 2015

What To Do With A Sock Darner When You Don't Darn Socks...

Hello Peeps,

Remember this picture:


Well, we found out the UFO that the Mother bought is a sock darner.
 
But the Mother doesn't darn socks... hmmm... what to do with it..?

So the Mother got thinking... she remembered something she had seen on Pinterest - but she wouldn't tell me what!

So I did some snooping. 
 

Why is she painting her fabric black? 


And what does it have to do with this red spotted fabric, green felt, and pretty red thread?

At this point she caught me snooping and tossed me out of the Sewing Room until she was all finished!
Sneaking, sneaking, Baa not sneaking!

And here is what she made:


A pretty little crow on top of a pumpkin pincushion!
Isn't it coolio?


She got some copper wire from the Boss and a twig from outside just to finish off her pumpkin.

And finally today, because I am a sheep who LURVES chocolate I thought I would show you the two lovely cakes I got to sample last week.

 
Miss H made this divine Black Forest Cake last Thursday - it was DELICIOUS!
 
 
 Miss Bee (who taught Miss H to crochet) made this adorable birthday cake for her daughter's first birthday. Yummy!

 
Love From
Baa. xxx
 

6 comments:

  1. Cute pinny on top of the sock darner. Oh those cakes look yummy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Baa! What a great idea to make a pin cushion from the sock darner! Very clever and very pretty! Pinterest is so great for ideas!! Those cakes look absolutely delicious!! :) x

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a clever idea to use the darning mushroom as a base for Mother's pin cushion. Those two cakes look very yummy. Although I don't think I could cut into the lady bird one. It is too beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just LOVE what the Mother made Baa :-) I was gardening yesterday & thinking about this & wondering whether it had "come to life" yet. It is just fabulous ... as are those two cakes ... makes me feel a bit peckish.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great idea - I love it. xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just love the Mother's sewing and as for the cakes - divine

    ReplyDelete